This is what happens when a person gets a brilliant idea and a little free time :)
Materials for project:
- 10 foot 1/2 inch PVC pipes
- PVC T - Shapes and elbows -- together with pipes make the roof
- silver wrapping paper -- thanks Costco for selling such a huge roll at a decent price
- green wrapping paper
- Ornament bulbs
- Cardboard -- thanks Costco for the free cardboard
- Yarn -- tried to get icicle effect when hanging bulbs
- Tape, and lots of it. The whole thing is basically taped together :)
- Poster paper
Total cost of the project: $34
Total cost of the project after I return "unneeded items": $14
Total time to build, including sawing, etc: 5.5 hours.
Here is a shot of the front of the cube. Notice that I did not put on a door. I guess there is some room for improvement.
Here is an angled shot from the front. Notice the snow on the bottom. Yes, that is a chimney back there. Oh, and the ladies tell me that I have such wanderfull color coordination.
Here is an angled shot from the back of the cube.
Check out the snowman.
Here is a shot of Santa. Notice the glow on the ceiling. It looks like the sun is rising when you're sitting in other people's cubes.
Yes, there is a floormat.
Here are the decorations I put inside the cube.
Hope you liked my cube, have fun !!!